Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Suds on the Roof

I woke up today not feeling very good. Not sick but just feeling kind of down it was one of those days I could feel the struggling start before my feet ever landed on the floor. I was preparing myself for a hard day. Apparently God had other plans for my day.

As I sat at the table doing my morning Bible study I saw shadows overhead. Like birds flying by.  Kolby wasn't growling so I figured it was just something the wind picked up but as more and more shadows danced across my pages I had to look up.  When I did I wasn't prepared for what I was going to see.  It wasn't birds it wasn't even any creature at all  it was soap suds.  Soap suds from my washer. I had started some laundry before I headed into the kitchen and now they are spewing out of my roof!!

Not a good thing at least  I don't think so, so  I do what I always do when weird stuff happens I call Daniel. Luckily he wasn't busy and answered the phone. I hate when I have pressing things to tell him and he gets busy at work and doesn't answer my call. How dare him actually work while at work:) But anyways I tell him what is going on best to my ability and he sounds like I am making stuff up. I don't know what to tell him. I see soap coming from our roof how much more technical do you need me to be?  So he tells me it probably isn't that big of a deal and he will come look at it tonight.

How am I suppose to get him clean clothes for the rest of the week if I am worried about suds coming from my roof?  Well to make the story not so long. Him, and I am guessing the guys at work, have it all figured out it isn't a big deal and i continue on with laundry, oh joy.  I don't know why but i have cleaning clothes issues. Don't get me wrong i love clean clothes i just hate the work that is involved with keeping up with them. I can't ever remember I have clothes in the dryer so they get wrinkly i have to re fluff them it is just a mess. I know if i did it the way mom taught me I wouldn't have these issues but I don't i get busy and forget so I think i was wanting him to tell me to stop all laundry at once.  Well that didn't happen.  I am off again to tackle another load and to maybe see if i can get a giant bubble to form on my roof that would be cool:)  I did take pictures just to prove I am not making this up if I can figure out how to post them I will.

Moral of the story. Even when I think it is going to be a rough day God turns it around with just a little humor. I love His humor I get it everytime and it almost always cheers me right up:) Suds on the roof...hey maybe we can make a song about it. 

3 comments:

  1. This cracked me up! Especially your disappointment that he didn't order to cease and desist with all laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That is awesome! And for what its worth I hate it when Chris doesn't answer his phone when I "really" need him. And I totally feel you on the disappointment that you didn't have to stop the laundry process. :D

    ReplyDelete