Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Writting on the wall

 I was studying the other day about King Belshazzar.  For those who don't know or need a refresher this King was a king in Bible that threw a big party.  During that party he took out and used some of the gold and silver dishes from the temple.  This was not a good thing to do. So while he threw this big bash with thousands of people there getting drunk something strange happened.  During the fun something appeared out of nowhere. It wasn't something anyone could explain it was a hand.  Just a hand no body or any other parts that normally accompany the hand just the hand and this hand started to write inscriptions on the wall.  Well, to  make a long story short all the people left.

The king was terrified of course and called for all his wise people to come and read the inscription. None of them could so Daniel was sent for and brought in to read it to the King.  Now what Daniel had to tell the king wasn't great news, basically the writing said that the kings days were number, or about to end, all of the stuff he had to rule over was going to be divided amongst the enemy and he had been tried and feel short of what he was suppose to do.  So after Daniel tells him this he leaves and that night the king is killed.  A pretty sad story if you think about it but this is why I have been thinking about it.

The other day while I was in the shower I saw a letter on the bathroom wall amongst the fog.  It was a letter I didn't remember putting there but might have at some point. Don't tell me I am the only one that still plays in the fog on the shower walls. Come on it is fun and you can draw and then it goes away. But anyways as I looked up at what I saw tears streamed out of my eyes instantly.  It was just a simple letter but one that stands for so much for us right know. It was a capitol A.  Just like that clear as I could type it, there it was under the fog.  Why did I see that and how did it come about?

Like I said i don't remember putting that up there and I know Daniel didn't do it. But I know someone did just who is the mystery. But why the letter. I think it was there to remind me that this did happen. Lately I have been feeling like it has all been a dream.  Like i really didn't go through that I never really got pregnant. I don't know I am sure it is the devil trying to get me to negate what God has done through it all. But i needed that reminder that day. I go on about my days and as they do get a little easier at times I feel almost sick to my stomach when I say that.  I still miss my daughter more than anything and if i could have her here i would but for it to get easier I am not sure that will ever happen. Just when i think that maybe we are making some progress something happens and i feel like we get knocked back down. Although we don't stay down as long and the road up seems to be getting shorter it is still hard.  I was having one of those days. I had been knocked down and had been trying to get up but was having troubles with that part that day.  Then i say the writing on the wall.  I saw that A and i just knew that she was going to be here with us no matter what.  Even while doing task that are simple and we do everyday she is still with us even during those times.

I can't imaging how that king felt when the hand appeared. I know I would be peeing my pants more than just getting weak in the legs like the king did.  To see those words that he didn't understand or get.  I can relate to that part. Althought i understood what that letter means to me it was hard to see it in that subtle of a place.  He had to bring in all the top dogs to see what it meant. I did to in a way, although I only called in one and He was the one who knew what it meant from the start   It was there for me to remember and not forget that she is waiting for me and that she loves me.

The Bible dosn't say if the inscription stayed on the wall or vanished after all this. I like to think it stayed there as a reminder to all that entered and was there to witness it.  They could look at that point if they ever doubt what had happened to there king and see exactly the truth and the meaning behind it. But not just that the miracle of the writting.  I think that is why my A has stayed there. Even after a few cleanings and a lot of steam overtaking it. It is still there as  reminder to me that she will be with me.  She is with our God and if I just trust that I will get to see her again. I will get to hold her again and I will get to tell her how much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment