Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oklahoma Weather

I had started walking last week.  Kolby loves it I enjoy it so I figured it would be a good tradition to add to our morning rut.  Monday it was cold cloudy and dreary, after Sunday being icy and stuff I knew better than to head out there unless I had to. So we didn't get to go Monday.  Then Tuesday it is sunny and a clear day looks like it is beautiful outside, until you step out there. My feet and hands where numb in two seconds we made it to the halfway mark of our halfway mark and had to turn around my checks couldn't take it any longer. I am kind of disappointed but as I sit inside am thankful for a heater and insulation in this house.

Next time Daniel tells me it is nice outside I am going to make sure he isn't smoking anything when he tells me that.  I think something is wrong with his body it doesn't know when it is hot or cold it just stays the same all the time. Not mine i get cold and every inch of me is cold and when I get hot everything gets hot.  I had hot flashes after Addy was born for awhile let me tell you that was awful. I told my mom now I know why she makes such a big deal about them, they are not fun and they are definitely more than just a flash. Mine lasted for longer than a flash anyways. I would wake up in the night and be drenched in sweat that is the worst feeling every. You just want to get in the shower to cool off.  It is no fun not to mention it interrupted what little sleep I was getting anyways. 

But i have decided it might be becasue he grew up in this unpredicatable weather pattern he is more use to it. My body knows that when it is sunny it should be warm when it is cloudy it should be cold. When we have thunder storms it should get cooler, not always the case in Oklahoma.  It can be 80 degrees one day and then snow a few feet two days later. It is crazy.  I don't know how to dress when I get up and it dosn't really matter because by the end of the day it might be completely oposite from when you woke up.  One thing I have learned living here you layer, layer, layer and when you get hot you can start peeling the layers off.  Oklahoma weather will I ever get use to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment