Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Husband...My Friend

Why do people feel like they need to be mean to each other even over stuff that isn't any ones fault? I can't imagine blaming my husband for something he didn't do. But that question is a haunting one that has been circling in my head since I heard it spoke to him.Do we blame each other for what has happened? No!! Should we did I miss something? I feel like God has given us a strong marriage so that in times like these we can become even closer and stronger. How would that help this situation if I storm off blaming him for what has happened? I just don't understand. Sometimes I feel like people just don't get it. God gave me this man, this marriage for a reason and I must respect him and God enough to do my absolute best to keep them both happy. Like Mom always say's "if you don't take care of what God gave you how can you expect more from Him"

Daniel has shown his true love in ways that I never thought I would have seen. I wish i wouldn't have ever had to see him in that kind of situation but he is so strong. He stayed by my side through it all. He was able to do things neither of us figured he would just because he didn't want to leave me. It just makes me think, if he was willing and able to do that for me what more can God do for us?

He is just like Daniel is. By my side no matter what. We might have bad days. I might get angry and just want to throw stuff but God is there and knows that pain too. He is going through this with us. He is walking us through this storm. He didn't just leave us when we needed Him the most He was and is always going to be there. It is sad that it takes situations like this to make people see the true love that they have right in front of them. The love that more often than not has been pushed aside for unknown or even selfish reasons. The love God has for us. He knew this was part of the plan from the beginning. But with careful consideration, deliberation and thought as to how this was going to effect all involved He decided to go ahead with the plan because He knows the bigger out come. If something great can come out of something like this than you can't help but know that God was behind it. That God's plans they are always bigger and better than any of ours.

My husband is wonderful and continues to this day in supporting me and helping me through this time.

He doesn't expect me to be over it he doesn't get mad when I talk about her. He is there with me and is along for the grief ride as well. We all grieve differently and I have come to realize what I might be doing today he might be doing tomorrow so we need to be there for each other always and not break each other down for not just getting over it.

She was as much a part of me as she was him, I think more of him really. She had his red hair and all that entails with that. The attitude and the looks of her father but she had my hands and big feet. Poor girl she had moms feet:) But to know that every morning I get up he is going to be there and not cut me down or make me feel like I am crazy for still missing my baby. He still misses her too and will always.

For him I just want him to know that what he has done these past few months for us is truly special. I will never forget the moments, even the most painful because he was there holding my hand every step of the way. He is not only my husband but my best friend and for that I am truly thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Glad God gave you eachother. And it's true. You both will have good days and bad days. I remember at one point, Derick broke down. He had been so strong for me the entire journey. I was able to be strong for him that day and I believe the Lord allowed me to be strong that day for a reason. Cling to eachother. I look at Derick in a completely different light after we lost Karoline. Good husbands are rare these days. I'm glad we have ours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What smart girls to recognize the great gift that a caring husband is to you! Jess, I am so glad that you and Daniel are giving each other room to feel whatever you feel at the moment. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete