Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Person is a Person...

I did it, I finally sat down and finished our taxes. What a big headache and stress that is. I hate this time of year mainly because we don't get our forms on time. I have to wait and wait to get it done and that stupid 1099 we have for Daniel's extra work is a pain that costs us almost more than he makes with it.  But I got it done. I hate the fact that we owe money every year this year was going to be different. Mom always told me we needed some deductions.  Well we decided this year to have two major deductions guess what only one had any effect on our taxes.  Which leads me to my rant.

Ok so a person is a person no matter how small right?  That is what Dr. Seuss tells us, and he is pretty smart.  Well that isn't what the government thinks. According to them my daughter doesn't count.  This aggravated me to the point i just wanted to throw something.  Since Addy didn't technically breath outside of the womb she isn't considered to be living which means she didn't get a social security number.  That means to the government my daughter never existed.  How stupid is that?  She was a person she did live I don't care if she never stepped a foot on this earth outside of the womb she was stilling living in there!!

If you can't tell, I was a little aggravated about this.  First it was shock, depression for someone to tell me that my daughter doesn't count that defiantly isn't something you want to tell any mother let alone a grieving one. But the more I got to thinking about it the more i realized it isn't up to the government to decide if my child was a person or not.  God decided to put her here and he decided what was the best for her.  He formed her just as he did all those people telling me she wasn't real.  Just because they weren't special enough to go directly to Him isn't her fault, she can't help it that she is  a special  angel :) In fact I am sure if given the opportunity she would have chosen to go directly to God. I know if given the chance I would make that decision for her. Even though I miss her and it is hard to not have her here I am just thankful that she doesn't have to live a life that is full of all this earthly junk. She was so special she just got to go right to the good stuff and skip all this life stuff:)

So she might not have counted financially for us but I am ok with that. She has mad a bigger impact on lives not being here than I could have ever emagined. I am very proud of her and proud to call her my daughter, even if there are people out there that want to down grade her and say she wasn't here becasue she didn't breath our air. Well you know what I think, she is lucky she never had to breath this nasty, polluted air she went straight to Gods pure air:) And straight to His arms were one day we will be as well.  So keep your stupid money government you need it more than I do.  I know I am headed to a place where I wouldn't need it and untell then God will provide for us in other ways.   

No comments:

Post a Comment