Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Butterfly

Today has been a eventful one to say the least. Only because Kolby and I got up deciding we were going to start the garden.  A decision I should have though fully about before I came to that conclusion. It has been so nice the last few days just like spring should be.  Last year this time we had tons of snow on the ground and ice to boot so this is much better.  As I got to shoveling and hoeing around, wait that doesn't sound good does it? I got to thinking about everything. I don't know just a lot of time to think lately. When you are home in a empty house just you and the dog all day you do have a lot of time to think. I was going to take my i pod out there with me but forgot were I placed it last night so just had to do without.  Anyways as i got to thinking the harder I shoveled. It was kind of therapeutic in a way.  I wasn't even aware at how hard I was actually working until I got a text message and stopped to look at it.

It was the husband wanting to know what was for lunch:)

As i got closer and closer to being done, my body and arms turning into jello, I got to think about Addy.  How I miss her. What she would think of her mom out here working like this. She would probably just be laughing at how weak i really am.  As I got closer to the finish out of the corner of my eye i see something floating by. I thought it was a pice of trash or something at first but as i stopped to look it was a butterfly.  Not a plan old little one it was pretty good size with big black wings.  I was so shocked by the sight I just stood there watching where it was going to land. It came closer and closer to me until it landed on my shovel handle. It was then I got to see the beauty of it close up. It wasn't just dark it had spots Purple spots!!

Whats the odds purple spots?  For those that don't know Purple had become one of my favorite colors now. It is in honor of my daughter. Her room was purple and she had alot of purple stuff, becasue at the time I didn't like pink now I wear alot of that as well.  Anyways to see this was just breathtaking. It was like God had sent me an Addy butterfly to remind me of my daughter.  Not like I need any reminders but it was just something little he chose to do for me as I worked so that I could see the beauty of his creations and think of Him and my baby girl.  He knew I needed that today, He knows I miss her more than anything and He is willing to help me through this and show me little things like that to know that He still cares.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful story. God delights in doing those special things for us. He loves you so much. Just to think that the same God who holds your hand is holding Addy all the time.

    ReplyDelete