Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flying Nuns

As I stood in line getting ready to get on my plane from Sacramento to Las Vegas I am greeted by nuns. Three of them to be exact. I found it strange that they were flying let alone going to Vegas. Maybe they are going after there lost friend like on Sister Act 2.  As I chuckle to myself, I get the strange urge that I must tell this strange sight to someone, so I text Daniel. Sure he is at work but he will get a kick out of it all. After all it isn't every day we see a nun let alone three of them flying to Vegas.  After I text him I getting a slight tap on my shoulder only to be face to face with one of these sisters.

She asks me to take their picture, hands me the camera and goes to pose with the others. They are giggling and talking in a different language but they are having fun. More fun than I could say I was having.  After taking the picture I start to think that although I am an amateur photographer I sure do get asked a lot lately to take strangers pictures for them. After handing back the camera and them looking at the picture with approval I turn back around and wait for the plane to arrive.  I can hear them over my shoulder laughing and having a good time I turn around to see them posing with two other passenger men who thought it was as strange as I that these women were going to Vegas I guess. It is funny how people act to differences in that way.  They sure can be mean and judgmental but they can also be acceptant and kind as well. I just find it interesting to see how people react to thing out of there element.  A Nun in my book is out of the norm to see so I am not really surprised when I see them posing with others.  Then I got to thinking those flying nuns have a picture I took on there camera. I was just a stranger but without me being there they wouldn't have that picture.

As funny as all of it was it got me  to thinking. It really doesn't matter who you are or what you do everyone has a story. A purpose and a common bond. God created us all .He created those nuns just as he did me. He gave them a purpose just like me. Some like me might struggle with there purpose in life. Some know and do exactly what He calls us to do. Some run all there lives and never do what He wants out of spite. But no matter any of that He can still take what we  are at this moment and use it to His best interest and glory. He gave us this special girl for a reason and although we are still working through the human emotion of it all He is ready to use it for His purpose.

He is ready to use her story maybe in a way that we can't begin to know.  He had a plan when He came and flew her home and that plan is still in place whether we follow it or not that doesn't matter because He can still use it no matter what.  So then who am I to stand in His way? He has a plan I just need to get on board and get ready He will show it to me when I am ready. He has given me time to heal with my family last week and that is what I needed to do. I needed that time to get together laugh and just feel like myself again. That trip has already helped me more than I thought it would. It has given me the laughter back and that is something we both need right now is some laughter in our lives.  So maybe just maybe those Nuns were put there for us so we can get a good giggle over it for a while.  Nuns  going to Vegas that is so funny to me:)

1 comment:

  1. You bring lots of smiles and giggles to those around you! You see the funny in everything. And what I appreciate most is that it's who you are and you are real! Wishing you belly laughs and snorts..those are the best kind! mom

    ReplyDelete