Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day Came and Went

I have been very blessed to have so many people thinking and praying for us on that hard day. All of your efforts were not lost and I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and cards that I received over the last week. They all meant so much to me for so many different reasons. Without them I am sure the day would have been harder than I could have endured.  But I am sure you are all wondering how it went so here is a short break down of what went on, on our first Mothers day without Addison.

I decided earlier that I was not going to be able to make it through church and all the things that normally accompany special occasions here. So we decided that we were just going to go to the city and get out of town. Looking back staying home and just hanging would have probably been easier but I wasn't thinking when I had made these plans.  We got up Sunday morning, a little sad but ready to get out of town.  I head out the door and notice a hanging basket with pink flower in it. That was new.  Daniel got it for me for Mothers Day.  I started to cry.  After breakdown number one was accomplished we piled in the car and headed out.  It was a pretty good trip to the city. We had some good times and something to laugh about.  I needed those laughs.  We got the city and stopped at our first stop, Sam's.  It wasn't bad we spent about an hour there got what we needed and headed out. It wasn't as bad as a day as I figured.  We went clothes shopping after and after finding nothing I liked in the first or second store i decided that it was not the day to go clothes shopping. I wasn't in the mood. Even though i don't hardly ever get to do it we ditched that plan and went to eat. 

As we sat down and got our drinks I tipped my glass and all of my ice cold water went all over Daniel and his side of the table.  It felt like everyone in the fascinate of our table stopped and looked, it was so embarrassing.  After that and what was almost another breakdown. I noticed her. A little baby sitting behind Daniel. She had to have been close to Addy's age and it was so hard to be sitting there with that in my eye sight.  Luckily that table was almost done and the got up and left not long after we spotted her. Just in time for another table near us to get seated with another little girl about the same age, a little  older but still the same.  As we ate and got ready to leave I was almost relieved. It was like all these girls were being put at our side of the restaurant just so I would see them.

After leaving I almost broke down again. I was able to compose myself for awhile but on the drive to Lowe's couldn't hold it in any more.  It was just too hard and I was ready to go home.  I am almost never like that. I love to be out and like to be shopping especially but that day it was too hard.  We went to Lowe's and had a good time in there. We can manage to waste a lot of time and spend a lot of money if we want to in that store. But it was good we got what we wanted and got back in the car headed to get some ice cream that would make everything all better. I got my Cold Stone and enjoyed every bite of it. 

We made it home and just hung out the rest of the night. It was a good day. It wasn't as bad as I imagined but like I said earlier I would have never made it without knowing people were praying for us.  It was still a hard day. I am really glad it is over and we get a break before another one comes. But I know there will still be days like that and we just have to rely on each other, God and people's prayers to get us through. 

I just can't thank you all enough for all the thought and compassion you have shown us over the last 6 months.  6 months ago today my baby was born. Although she was already in Heaven when she was born, this day still seems so empty and alone without her here.  Days like Sunday and like today are  getting easier and maybe someday we will be able to enjoy them and think of her in a happy way and not be so sad and empty without her. I will always be missing someone in every special occasion but I will never stop finding ways to remember her on those days. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to enjoy your and Daniels day together in the end. Thank you for letting us be apart of this whole thing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete