Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hannah

Another day halfway over and I still feel like I got hit by a mack truck.  My face hurts and I sound like a man!! So I have a sinus infection. It is inevitable and I knew eventually my body was going to play this cruel game with me again but I wasn't ready.  At least I don't have to get out of bed if I don't want to right?  I wish.  Although they might be tiny I do still have responsibilities and I have to get up to perform them. I haven't been working out and that really messes my whole day up.  Not to mention Daniel hasn't been coming home for lunch the last few days either. I am royally messed up and that just doesn't help my situation any at all.  But on the good side it has given me more time to read and study which is always good here is what I have thought about these past few days.

On Sunday Daniel and I got to talking about the story of Samuel not sure what brought that up. He was telling me he had told a guy at work about the story of God calling his name and Samuel not recognizing it.  Come to find out Daniel was telling him the right story but with the wrong name of character I thought that was funny at least he was trying. I knew the story and was familiar with it but decided that I was going to reread it and see if there was something in there I have missed all these years.

I get my Bible out and start reading.  It starts by telling the background and all a few chapters before that story we were talking about.  I learned a lot about Hannah and her life that lead up to this story that I had never paid attention to before.  Here she was a women who had a husband, her husband had another wife which was customary at the time. But for her not only to have to share her husband, which by the way I could have never lived back then and did that. To think about all the stuff that would go on when the man was away. I know how women can be and wouldn't want to have to share anything like my husband with another. I just don't think that is something I could have done. Let alone Daniel could have done.  He can barely handle me so how could he deal with two emotional wrecks all the time:)?  Anyways, so she has to share her husband and this other lady she is off popping out kids left and right while Hannah struggles to get pregnant.  She wants nothing more than to have a baby.  She wants to have her own. Take care of her own be able to raise her own. 

That's when I got to realize I am just like her.  I have the same feelings I understand what she is feeling. I even told her I did out loud when I was reading:) I am a dork and get into the stories and act like I am there sometimes.  Anyways, her number one dream in life was to have a family. Not just any family, not the other women's family but her own.  I so can relate. From day one isn't that what I have been wanting? What I have been dreaming of?  When we were little and where playing pretend isn't that what I wanted to play all the time house?  So I could take care of a family? 

I could just relate to the pain the emotions the Bible describes Hannah going through. I could understand it all.  But then came this point.  We always hear the story and she prayed for Samuel and then had him. But did we ever catch what she did while praying for him?  I never caught it. Sure she prayed for him and told God that if she had a child she would give him over to God. I got that part but what about the part where she was so distraught in praying that she was praying with such fervent heart that Eli watching her thought she was drunk. 

I just thought that was so funny.  Could you picture the conversation when it first arose. Eli going over to Hannah to tell her that she had to leave the temple because she was drunk and her having such a heavy heart already having to face that. I wouldn't have wanted to be the man who made that assumption and was wrong.  Its just funny that in such a serious moment God allowed room for humor. It probably wasn't humours at the time and probably not to many people since but I thought it was funny.  I just wish I could pray like that. To be so overwhelmed with my requests to God that I pray and others mistake me as being drunk or under the influence. 

Hannah has taught me alot

One day He is going to give us another child.  We already have a family started up in Heaven I know He is going to start us one down here too.  In time...

No comments:

Post a Comment