Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Busy Weekend

Another weekend down.  We were busy yet again. I am not complaining just worn out. I look forward to the weekend when we can relax and hang out together. But most of the time we don't relax but that is ok.  I enjoy the spontaneity of it all. My week days are a lot alike so the weekend give me a break from the norm and I like it.

This weekend we did alot.  Even with my sinus infection we still went 90 to nothing and I am not doing to bad considering. I am tired and that makes it a lot hard to coop with anything let alone the loss of my daughter. I have already had a few meltdowns this morning and am so looking forward to the time when I can relax and maybe take a nap this afternoon.

Here was our weekend.  Friday night we had a graduation to go to. Nothing big or fancy just a small town small school graduation. I had to laugh at the decorations and the way they did things. It was so strange to me these customs and things that they do just to take up time.  It defiantly wasn't like that when I graduated. It was nothing extra just name calling and diplomas. The usual speech where the speaker had no idea what they are trying to say so they ramble on.  The end and that was it. But here they do all sorts of rituals and stuff that just made me laugh.

Saturday we went up to Webb to mow. Daniel and Adam have started to mow up there and they go about every other weekend or so. But this weekend the girls went too so we could plant some flowers. It was fun we ended up helping with the mowers and we did a pretty good job for girls I do think. We road 4 wheelers and hung out while the guys did the work on the second house, we were tired by then.  I took some flower up to Addy's grave. That was hard. I had never been by myself and it felt weird to not have anyone there to be my support. It was kind of nice but I later wished I would have had Daniel there with me. It was hard. I tried to pick the weeds off of that little mound as best I could with tears streaming down my face but finally gave up, got back on the 4-wheeler and headed back to the house.  It was a rough on. By then the boys were almost done so we loaded up went and took a few pictures of Addy's flowers and off we went home. When we finally got home at about 8 that night we decided we needed to burn our burn pit since we were going to be moving our dreaded rocks into it the following afternoon. I was so excited about the rocks being going but wanted to just go to bed. But we trudged on and even had a party while doing it. Roasting hot dogs and making Smores it was alot of fun and a relaxing evening to a very busy day.

Sunday was a Sunday, well in the morning at least.  We got up went to church and headed home to grill. It was such a nice day.  While grilling our neighbors behind us got Daniel's attention and told him that they had notices we were trying to grow some trees and they had a bunch of started ones if we wanted to plant those. We were very excited they said they would bring them over some time.  About 10 minuets later they were here with the trees. It was a lovely gesture and I am so glad that even though we live out of town we still have neighbors that watch our backs and our house for us.  We ate and then the fun began.

Daniel's uncle Jim can use a backhoe from the place he works when it is in the yard and it happened to be in the yard this weekend. It was great that he was willing to offer to come help us move our dreaded rocks.  I don't think he realized what he had gotten himself into.  It took about 3 and a half hours later, two big holes dug and full of rock and 5 tired bodies later to have them all moved but we did it!! We finally got ride of the rock garden that was our front yard!!! I am so excited.  It looks naked and very tired out there but I am so excited that we are finally able to get our plans laid out and our house looking better from the outside.  After everyone left from that party we moved inside and crashed. Literally. I was so tired i feel asleep while watching River Monsters.

In all our weekend was busy. We had a few unexpected bumps, mostly because I loss all my ability to cope once I get to a certain level of tiredness.  Daniel was the first one to spot out and notice Addy's first rose blooming Saturday night. That was a very lovely surprise and one that was very needed at the time. In all our weekend, like usual was busy but it was a good one. I am glad we were able to do what we did. Even if it isn't all glamour it was still time spent together with friends and that is always good.  Know only 2 more weekends and we will be in California at the lake just enjoying time with family!!! I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Busy busy weekend! I am glad you were able to get so much accomplished. :) Yay for your trip home! I look forward to your next one. You will have a nice trip to the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we did do a good job mowing!! planting flowers inspired me to dig a flowerbed at mi casa too! Glad we didnt get some disease from roasting marshmallows over purple trash flames!

    ReplyDelete