Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Endurance

"Knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." James 1:3

What is Endurance? I know what the dictionary definition is it is the ability or strength to continue or last, esp. despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions. But what does it really mean in life? In our faith? As I was studying today I came across this word and for some reason my eyes just stopped on it.  When I think about endurance I think of a marathon. Runners pushing themselves to the limits to reach there goal and cross that finish line.  I think of the strength it takes to finish that race.  To finish... To endure is to finish that which we have started in a way.  We will only get to the finish line if we endure all that is waiting for us before we get there right?  I found this other definition and I really liked it, it says that endurance is the fact or power of enduring or bearing pain, hardships.  


The power of bearing pain or hardships.  That is so what it feels like we are doing right now. We are enduring the pain.  We are getting through this hardship, we are striving to finish this painful part of our lives.  We will always have the memories the times when it all seems to be too real to bear but to get through it and endure until the end that is what I am striving for.  The strength to keep moving even when I want to collapse and bury myself under all the pain.  God wont let me do that though.  Even when I try and want to He always pulls me up and gets me to a point where I can get back out there and run a few more steps. Even if now my endurance can only handle a few steps I want to take those because that is what God has planned for me.  


The best part of this is that He is the one that is allowing me to endure in the first place. Without Him I would have probably done just that, buried myself and not ever wanted to get out again. I would have taken myself out of the race permanently. But with God He knows that and He knows me, so He can help me when I reach those tough times.  I know there will be tough times ahead. I am sure of that but He is going to give me the strength and the confidence to endure those times.  That's all I need then.  


I found this verse by accident, well I now know that it wasn't an accident God wanted me to see this verse, but it wasn't even what I was looking up. Just another proven way that God is directing me to the places He wants me to be.  If I fall down, which I will, He will come pick me up.  That is an amazing thought and it gives me peace to move on and be able to live life the way He wants me to. To do what He wants me to do...now if I can just figure that part out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment