Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Monday, June 28, 2010

Special Weekend

It had been a special weekend of just fun and relaxing just me and my man.  That was so good to get away and just hang out with him.  We do alot together but its these special times I cherish the most.  Since Addy our whole perspective on things have changed especially special events or milestones.  We know try to celebrate it all because we never know when the last time we get to do that will be.  We celebrate birthdays and Mother's and Father's day now was the time to celebrate us. 

Its hard to believe that 7 years ago we said those vows and made that special day a reality.  Life goes by so fast and if 7 years ago you would have told me what was going to happen I would have still married him.  I am sure we would have made different issues involving having kids but other than that there isn't anything I can think of that we would do over again differently. It has been rough the past few months and a time to reflect on us and get back to just being us again was good. Although there is always something missing. Last year we went to the Zoo for our anniversary, with Addy. This year we went to a Redhawks baseball game and shopping!!

As we celebrate this day it is hard not to miss her. Hard not to think about what it would have been like. I am sure we would have still celebrated just with her here with us.  I had always dreamed of her watching our wedding video and getting to see that special day unfold with her own eyes but that is a corny dream and tradition that none of my children will really want to be accustom to I am sure.  Its just different.  As time goes by it starts to feel more and more like it is always just going to be the 2 of us.  Although I know God has better plans and it will all work out in midst of it all it is still hard to look to the future when there is a gaping hole in it that will never get fixed. 

But if we have days that need celebrated we are going to do that and make them special.  It might not mean anything to anyone else but to me it means alot.  Daniel has been by my side this whole time never letting go and that is all that I could have asked him to do.  He truly has surpassed all my dreams in that aspect and he does all he can to make me happy.  I couldn't ask for anyone better to spend this day with or to spend these past 7 years with. They have been truly amazing and an adventure.  I love him more now than ever and to see him live his feelings out for me everyday is all I ever wanted. 

So to Daniel thank you for the past few years.  It has been amazing and exciting.  Thank you for sticking with me through all this and understand, or at least acting like you do, when I am going crazy.  I love you and hope the next chapter in our life is just as good as this one.  I love you bunches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment