Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Joke

I have been inspired to ride my bike this week. We started Monday night went on a little ride with Miranda and Ally that night and then Tuesday we went for a 2 mile ride. That was fun, really I am not being sarcastic or anything.  Then last night Daniel and I hopped on our bikes again and went on another little excursion, I am loving it. Although I have never been a good bike rider it is fun.  You talk to my family and they can tell you tales of all my bike riding experiences when I was younger.  The main one being I had no sense of balance so I crashed into a lot of things.  Being the creative kid I was I blamed in on the bike, It just took me there:)  Well I am proud to say I have gotten back on a bike after all these years and have realized I have a little bit more skill than when I was younger.  Ok, maybe not much I still can't turn corners to save my life especially if we are going down hill, Daniel don't laugh.  But still I am excited to be able to start on this new exercising adventure it will be fun. 

So here is the part that I just had to tell everyone. As I got on my bike this morning to go for a ride before the storm blew in, which probably wouldn't happen but wanted to cover all bases in case it did, I looked down at my pedals.  I notices something on them before but just figured it was some type of manufacturing sticker didn't really pay attention.  Well I saw them again today so I bent down a little lower to see what they were. No kidding on the pedal was a sticker with a L and a R on them. I had to just laugh right then and there. A bike built just for me.  I don't even have to wonder if I am doing it wrong it is fool proof!!

It reminded me of growing up when my Dad decided to put those same letters on my shoes. Even though they were there didn't mean I got it though. I liked to wear them on the wrong feet I was use to it:)  In fact I might still have a pair or two like that:)  It is going to be inevitable that our kids are going to be the kids walking around with their shoes on the wrong feet.  The people will blame it on them but as soon as they are able to talk the truth will come out. People will then know when Mom dressed them.  I am not joking.  The other day when I was putting on Ally's shoes for her if it wasn't for the 18 month old telling me which foot they went on I was seriously heading for the wrong one.  So you see that is why this is so funny to me.

It was ment for me to have this bike.  It is perfect that the pedal have road maps on them for me:)  Althought it would be kind of hard to ride a bike backwards the handle bars wouldn't be in the right spot that would be a major tip off even I could understand that one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment