Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Friday, April 23, 2010

A New Day

After yesterday and the day I had I was just sure today was going to be no different. It seems that days like that come in groves and then they are gone as quickly as they come and I am back to being ok with the terms I have been given.  But today wasn't how I expected. I woke up feeling like I had sleep which is good, it hasn't happened in a while that I actually wake up and feel energized.  I got up did my routine and in the midst of it all found something that made me cry but happy all at the same time. Thought I would share it.  

Although this isn't a new verse or even one I haven't read over a million times it is one that really made me think today about what God is promising us.  It is 1 Peter 5:10

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." (NAS)

I just loved it He is going to not only perfect and strengthen me but also establish what He wants me to do for Him.  I don't know it just made things seem like there was a purpose for us to go through this. And all though it is hard and will be for a while He is going to one day make us different than we where when we first entered into this journey.  He is going to make it worth the struggle.  I got to looking at it and wanted to see what it said in other versions, so i picked up Daniels bible he uses the New Living and his always has a different take than mine. I liked the way it phrases the last part it said:  " He will restore, support and strengthen you, and He will place you on firm foundation." 

Just what we are wanting He is going to deliever. He is going to set us up on a firm and solid foundation where we woulnd't feel wobbly and weak any more.  There is something in this that just made me laugh and cry all at once. The promise of God to get us through this is all I need to lean on. He is the one that brought us to this place and He is walking us through it a step at a time.  I just can't wait for the good part when He puts our feet on solid ground and we can stand firm in our foundation that He is laying for us.  It makes these hard times seem like they are worth it, I can't give up, even though I feel like it at times becasue He has something amazing for us.  Something worth the while in store. Even if I don't ever see it on this earth one day I am going to and that will be amazing.  The most amazing part my little Addy is going to be there with me witnessing it all as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment