Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Mean Farmer

I have a story to tell. It isn't that amusing to me but when I told Daniel he thought it was pretty funny.  I didn't find it funny maybe I am too close to the situation.  Here is what happened.  Today as I was riding my bike I decided to take a new path. I got the courage up to ride across the highway to roads I haven't yet been on. From the looks of them they didn't look very challenging and being new and inexperienced at this whole bike thing I decided I didn't want something too challenging anyway I was in that kind of mood.  So as I headed out I knew the first mile would be pretty easy. I have road that before a lot and it is the most flat land around so it wasn't too difficult.  As I crossed over and started peddling I realized that looks from a mile away are very deceiving. As I ventured on I hit a few hills that were pretty hard to climb but I didn't turn around I push myself and made it up each of them.  Feeling pretty good about the ride I keep on riding.  When I finally look up to be faced with a big hill.  I figured I could do it why not. 

As I started on the venture up the hill I was determined to not give up until i reached the top. As all my leg muscles started to hurt and my pace slowed to a crawl I wasn't going to get off I was going to reach the top.  I think a few caterpillars might have raced me, I am sure they won with great speeds but I finally made it and was relived and exhausted.  Stopping for a break I see a white farm truck out of the corner of my eye slowing down beside me.  I am hesitant to take my ear buds out afraid I might have to talk to whoever was inside that truck.  But as the truck slowed to a crawl this old mad rolls down the window.  He says out of a chuckled smile "You finally made it up that hill.  I though for awhile I was going to have to push you with my truck to make it.  Why don't you try that hill down there I think you could make it too." (Pointing to what looked like an ant hill from were I was standing.) I politely chuckled with him, as he is now in a full blown out laugh at me.  I was oblivious to the fact there was car behind me, he could have went around me why did he find this so funny.  Winded I just chuckled he drove off and I was left there with my legs sore and out of breath and now I was mad. 

Some people. Haven't they ever heard the phrase if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all?  I don't care if they are old. If he is from a diffrent generations where people act and are diffrent. I am sure he probably didn't mean it the way it came out, but thinking about it he probably did.  Old people think they can just say whatever they want and it not have any recorse.  I don't know it really bothered me.  I wanted to just hand him the bike and see if he could do it any better than I could.  Although doing that he probably would have been able to make it up in lightning fast time or, he would have died of a heart attach trying. 

I am sorry I know I should be nice to old people but sometimes its just so hard.  Needless to say I was pretty upset about it all. It gave me enough energy thought to make it the 2 miles back home with the wind facing me.  It was the motivation I needed to get me through.  Just funny how I am fine being in my own world but when people want to enter it and be mean I just don't face that like I use to.  I guess moral of the story next time I want to face a big hill I should look behind me to make sure there are no white trucks coming my way. 

2 comments:

  1. Jess, I don't think he meant anything by it. Sounds like he was just teasing you. Keep up the good work but be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, old people dont know what they're actually saying when they say things like that. He didnt say anything like "I thought I was going to have to push your FAT butt up the hill did he?" lol then you should've smacked him!

    ReplyDelete