Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Saturday, January 16, 2010

They are new every morning...

Despite the date, despite all the struggles we have went throught this week today is a good day.  God is giving us a break from the pain. He has given us a chance to breath. A chance to catch our breath.  We haven't done much.  We tackeled the junk in our spare room.  We didn't get it all taken care of but alot of it is now moved or gone.  Its just amazing how much junk two people can collect over the course of a few year. 

As we cleaned that room today I got to thinking about our life.  About how sometimes God has to do the same thing with us.  We become hoarders in our souls.  We hoard all sorts of stuff in there. Pain, unforgiving, selfishness all the stuff we try to hide from God.  But he knows it is there, we know it is there, like the junk in that room. We pass it everyday countless times. We know it is there we just don't want to deal with it.  But sometimes once you get to the point were you can't take it any more you break down. Have a melt down and decided today is the day for change.  Then God comes in and cleans up. But unlike us and our room. He takes it all. We start with a clean start.  He totally gets ride of, and forgets all that we had in there. He throws it out and makes us new again.  That is an amazing thought. He forgets it and we are new again. 

I think maybe that is what He is showing us today. That even though we still struggle. Those days of sadness are not over yet but sometime at some point when we are ready He is going to take this tattered heart. The heart that has been broken to an unrecognizable shape and He is going to restore it. He is going to restore it to a brand new shape and even make it more effective than before. I am so glad I have that hope to rely on.  If it wasn't for that hope I don't think I would ever be able to feel like moving forward.  Its amazing to me how much hope He can give us and just at the right time. 

Two months ago today we buried our little baby girl. Even though I think about that everyday and dread these days when they come God gives us things to keep us occupied. He keeps us going in the hard days.  He has been good this week and putting stuff in my path to keep me going on days when I figured I couldn't do anything. It is just another sign of His unfailing love. He loves me that much that He puts stuff in my path to keep me occupied.  Today it was getting ride of junk.  Tomorrow who knows what He has in store for me but right know I am content in living each day with hope and excitement to see what He has in store. What His plans are. 

"The Lord's lovingkindness indeed never ceases, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment