Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jobless!!

What day is it today? I can't keep track.  I am so lost most of the time I don't know what day of the week it is or the date it is just funny how some things in life have become very unimportant.  This week has been a different one.  Both Daniel and I got sick at the beginning of the week. I don't wish that flu on anyone. Thankfully Miranda and Adam were generous enough to share it with us so we can all hang out again together without fear:) But after that adventure was over I was faced with the work decision. 

It has been a struggle for me to decide what to do with that.  If I should go back to work or not. Our original plan was for me to stay home with Addy. We had been working out our finances for months so that we knew we could be supported without my pay check. We had paid off bills and got all that settled so we would be ready for this decision financially.  It was going to be a sacrifice but one we both were willing to make so that I could be home to raise our baby girl...

Two months later and with no little girl to hold it was just another decision to make if I should or shouldn't work.  At first I was so for it. I could see myself going back getting back into that rut. If nothing else preoccupying myself for awhile. But it was made very clear to us as the time got closer to me making a decision that I wasn't ready. I wasn't going to be able to do it.  It just seems like some of the things we had planed for are still happening. It doesn't make it any easier. In some respect some of the decisions seem to be harder but I think this is what we are suppose to do. Who we are suppose to be right now. 

I still have bad days, bad moments, bad nights.  But I think in time all these decisions are going to be for the best. God has his hand in it all and is making plans for us.

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment