Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthdays

Its funny how you don't really get the meaning of birthday until you become a parent.  Although at times I still don't feel like a parent, I know I am one and my thoughts have shifted to those more like, gasp, my mothers:) She always made a big deal about our birthdays. Getting the birthday tablecloth out even when I am not there I know she still celebrates in some way. It was nice growing up because you never knew what to expect but you knew mom would make it special.  I understand that celebration a little more know that I have an additional birthday to celebrate. Even thought she wouldn't be here to celebrate with us just like mom we are going to make a big deal about it. November 11 will always be our Addy's day and we will always do something to make it special.

But here on my birthday...it just doesn't seem the same. Although last birthday I was only praying for us to have a baby by this time. Never knew what was going to happen and the whirlwind of events that last year brought to our whole family.  It seems like now is a good time to reflect back on what God has done. What He still is doing in our lives.  We defiantly couldn't have gotten through all these tough times without Him.  He has given us another year, well at least another day to follow Him and do what we need to, to connect deeper with Him.  We might not get the chance to celebrate another birthday so we must celebrate each like it is our best one yet. Although it is just one day and time fly's so quickly it will be over before we know it, I realize we must celebrate.

Nothing big, nothing fancy, just a small celebration dinner with friends and then a night home waiting for the bad weather to hit.  We are planning on going to the city this weekend, if the weather cooperates, and go to a Thunder Basketball game. It will be nice and it will be fun to get out of town, if we get out.  Nothing extravagant or eventful but to spend time with friends and my husband is all I could ask for to make it a good birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great evening with your friends and husband. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete