Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!!!

Would you dare to believe, that you still have a reason to sing,
cause the pain you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that coming-Josh Wilson

I downloaded this song a few weeks ago. Forgot about it and was searching through my music and found it.  How appropriate that I forgot about it right? I am sure that was God holding it for me for the perfect time to share it again.  He is good at that you know, having the perfect time to share things with us.  He has been doing a lot of that the past week and every time it happens I am in shock yet again at what He is doing for us. It is amazing.

We are headed to the city today to celebrate Addy's 1st birthday. Hard to believe its been a year ago since the precious little girl was born. Even though she isn't here with us it still is a good day. We will share the sadness and tears for the separation we are feeling. But we know like the song said we are going to have joy again. A great joy that wouldn't compare to the pain that we have dealt with the last year. We are going to be able to hold her again and that is the hope and the promise I am looking forward to.

It is now Tuesday and a lot has been done since that last start...I never got around to publishing it:)  We did go to the city had a weekend of events and shopping ahead of us to try to get through Addy's birthday. It was a good day. We had our moments and our times of tears but we also shared some good times too.  We went to dinner the movies and just hung out together and talked about our sweet little girl we miss so much.  I think this past week gave us a chance to focus on the future now. It has been so hard to do that with all the pain still throbbing of the loss. But as time goes by the throbbing is starting to ease and God is getting us ready and prepared for His big plans. I am not sure what He has in store but I know it is going to be good. Something to rejoice and have great celebration over. To have joy again is going to be the best gift possible.

I am amazed yet again at how God loves us so much He will just hold us in the dark times and He prepares for the good stuff. He already knows what is coming and someday we will look back and be even more amazed at how He has used this time to allow us to grow. It has been a rough year a rough time, I still miss her like the day she left but I can think about her without crying for a whole day so that is a good start. 

We are just looking forward to the next step the next road God is going to lead us down. I am sure it will surpass anything we can imagine.  We are just so truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that have filled our hearts with love and prayers these past few weeks and throughout the year. It has been a great strength for both of us to know that we have people that care enough to remember our little girl with us. To all of you I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.  The support you have show to us truly is a reflection of Gods heart and without it this journey would have been unbearable at times.  So for all our family and friends who have stuck by us thank you it means more than you can ever know. 

Lets get ready for that joy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been praying for you and Daniel daily for so many months now. I plan to continue and want you to know you inspire me in my faith.

    I wanted to share a blog with you that you might find a kinship with:

    http://adryandwearyland.blogspot.com/

    Miranda is the sister of some friends of mine and she lost her baby boy this summer.

    ReplyDelete