Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Bears

I am amazed at how God is working in our lives for the better. I knew better things were coming and it might just be something small but I am excited about it.   I have been wanting to start something, do something just wanted to help others who have gone through what I have gone through. I know there are a bunch out there and I wanted to help in some way.  The last blog I posted a friend commented with a link to another lady that has lost her baby and she is blogging like I have to help her through it. Thank you so much Verla for that, you started it all:) 

One night last week we were having a hard night. Just missing Addy the both of us and we were lying in bed holding each other crying and Daniel tells me that he saw a comment on our blog and proceeded to tell me that it had a link to another blog.  He said he went on it just to check it out and the blog post was about a bear the writer had received. It was weighted bear the same weight of her lost baby and she had just received it.  He told me he was ordering us one.  Curious about it all I had to go online and look it all up the next day to see what it was about.  That was when I was first introduced to Molly Bears. 

Molly Bears is a organization a women started after she lost her infant daughter. The story is really touching and hit pretty close to home. She was given a weighted bear after her loss and decided she was going to start making them for other Mom's who have lost their baby's.  She makes bears and sends them to grieving mothers.  It gives mothers something to hold and I understand the importance of that.  I have struggle to find something that would sooth the aching in my arms and nothing had worked.  As I researched it more I went and looked at the waiting list.  She has over 300 bears in waiting and she is the only one working on this project. She does it completely out of pocket with no expense to the recipeints. I was amazed and touched that someone had found the right thing to do.  After a quick look I was out the door to work.  I couldn't stop thinking about this though.  The thought of it all just overwhelmed me. As the day drug on I found myself thinking more and more about it and that was when I did it.  I emailed the lady and althought at the time I felt silly and unsure of how it came across I just knew I had to do something to help her.


After I sent the email I was scared at how it would be taken. I mean most people don't email strangers and ask to help them. I started to doubt my actions but as I prayed for God to be in the situation and for His will to take over I felt a sudden calmness. I understood that God was in it all and that He was going to give me the response I was waiting for. Sure enough I got an email back and she was eager for the help.  I am so excited!! I am going to be helping her make the insides of the bears, the weighted parts. I am ready and excited to do it. I am just amazed at how God put all those pieces together and put me in the path and place to help someone do something for other Mom's like me.  I know it sounds silly to be excited about it but I am.  I am ready to help get these bears out to other Mom's and to know I had a hand it will be more rewarding than anything. 

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to read this and to feel the excitement in your words. I was hoping that you and Miranda would be a comfort to one another but I never dreamed it would send you off on a new adventure. I would like for you to send my your address via email or Facebook message. I want to send you something to help with the expenses you will have in making the weighted parts. I pray for you and Daniel daily that God will fill your hearts, your home and now, your hands. My email is fletdvab@sstelco.com.

    ReplyDelete