Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Band-aids

He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.
   --Psalm 147:3, NLT

 God is showing us His strength today.  After  a fairly hard weekend and a week that I have been dreading the arrival of for awhile now, He shows us this verse.  I got ready to sit down and write in my journal I always start the entries off with a verse and after praying a quick prayer that God would show me the right thing today I started searching. After reading a few stories I haven't ever really read before I couldn't help but feel like I was just off the mark today. I just wasn't finding what I was looking for. So I pull out my concordance and start looking through that. Still not anything that just seems right.  I then decide to give it a break. I write in my journal anyways and then pray and decided to go about my day. I decide to check my email and as I open it a message pops up in my inbox from my Mom. A simple and short email with this verse attached to it. It was KLoves encouraging word for the day. As I open it and read it the tears start to flow again.  God is talking to us right now and He is showing us what we need to see. 

Not only is He here for us but He is putting bandages on our wounds. He is fixing us up to get ready to get back out there bandaged and ready to go.  As I think about this verse and how much it means to me not just the way I have been given it today but also the way the words are speaking to us directly I got to think about how appropriate it is.  We are in need of some great big band-aids and God is the only one that has them and is able to fix this hurt.  Funny but Daniel I kind of laughed about something similar yesterday while at church. I noticed that one of the men sitting in front of us had his arm around his wife.  That wasn't what caught me eye though on his finger was a band-aid and not just a plan sticky brown one. No it was a Scobby-Doo one.  I had to laugh and show Daniel. He makes fun of me because the only band-aids I buy are Hello Kitty. The last time Daniel hurt himself and had to wear a Hello Kitty band-aid he thought it was kind of silly.  But I had to show him that the band-aid reflects the family.  After seeing it my way he doesn't complain to wear a Hello Kitty band-aid if it is for his baby girl:)  Anyways that got me to thinking I wonder what Gods band-aid design is?

I like to think He has one especially designed for us. One that can only fix this probably His way. One that He created for me to heal me the only way that He can. I like to know that I am that special that I get a designer one of a kind band-aid from God.  I want mine to be purple please:) How special is it that He is not only in the business of holding us when we are hurt but He also applies our band-aids and get us back on our feet again with His love.  I think in a way He is telling us that we are going to be better. The healing is starting to hold and we are going to be able to move on.  We might have to walk around with a band-aid on for awhile but that is better than having a exposed wounded. He is showing us that we are getting near to happy times and better things. We have walked through this with Him and He isn't going to let go now.  So with that I will wear my purple one of a kind God band-aid with pride and know that He is the one fixing me even when it feels like it can't be done.  He can and is doing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment