Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our God

Into the darkness you shine,
Out of the ashes we rise,
There's no one like you,
none like you....

There is no one like Our God.  The word above have been in my head for a few days now.  It wasn't until a few days ago I finally downloaded this song. Being addicted to new music I had put myself on an Itunes restriction. I love to sit down and get new music new sounds to listen to and new stuff from my favorite artists.  One thing I don't download is music from different artist. This one is not of course from an artist who isn't already an extensive collection to my ipod music.  But a different song from Chris Tomlin is all I could do to not want to download it. I refrained for a while until, a few weeks ago sitting in church the band started playing and I instantly knew what song we were going to do. It was this one.  I love this song the words are more what I have been thinking the past few months than anything else out there. I just had to have it.  So I did eventually cave in bought this along with some other music to go with it for my trip:)

But its the words that describe us. It describes all that He has done for us. The fact that in the darkness He was there shinning the light for us. Out of the ashes of our little girl not being here He is pulling us from the pile still smoldering in our hearts and is making us into something new and something that is more pure.  Its just a small example of what Our God can and has done for us.  He is greater, stronger and higher than any other. He is Our God. 

Looking back on what has happened on the past few months and the great things God has done for us even lately. I can't believe what He has done for us and what He is doing to us.  It is amazing the things that He is setting into place and the opportunities He is opening up for us.  To the outside world they might be small or just coincidences but to me they are a sign that My God hasn't given up on me. He is still working to bring me out of this and He is going to show us what to do now.  That has been the hardest part. Not knowing what to do next. Were to go or what to expect but I think with just staying put and letting God guide us we will be ok.  He knows where He is taking us and we just have to trust that He will guide us to the good He has in store for us. 

For that I am forever grateful, without Our God we wouldn't have been able to move forward like we have.  I am not saying it isn't hard we still have hard moments, times and days but I know that when those times come He will be there to pull me out once again. Without that hope I wouldn't be able to go on but knowing I have that is what keeps me going day to day. 

 Because...

Our God is greater,
Our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other. 
Our God is healer,
Awesome in power
Our God...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I am awed by your growth of faith over the past few months. You inspire me to trust God more fully. I pray daily for your comfort and for God to reveal His plan for you and Daniel.

    ReplyDelete