Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Waiting

Be assured that if God waits longer than you could wish, it is only to make the blessing doubly precious.--Andrew Murray

I came across this quote a few days ago when I was a reading the book Why? by Anne Graham Lotz.  This book has been helping me through a lot of the thoughts I have had for so long but never have been able to, or known how to deal with them. There are so many whys in our life and when I think about it all I start to question not only why but also what. What am I suppose to do next? What I am going to do now? It has been a struggle none the less but as I think back to the past and where we are today I can only say that we are where we are because God hasn't left us or let go of us this whole time. He is there guiding us and without that guidance I don't know what life today would look like, but it wouldn't be what it is.  

He is there for us every step and He isn't going to let us go no matter what we go through.  It has been a struggle these last few months.  Wanting a baby and feeling let down when we don't get one. That is a scary and emotional journey that seems to have no end to it. I get very discouraged at times and lately I found my self doubt that it will happen again, that we will get that baby we pray for and dream of.  Why is my faith so small, and my trust lacking so much?  I don't understand it all and I can't help but feel like there is something I have done to create this. I know that isn't the case and as I call on God to help me He has proven to me time and again that it will all work out in His timing. His timing is perfect, He is never late or early always right on time. I need to hold to that when these moments of doubt hit and call on Him to be there and I know He will show up right on time.  

Here is one of my new favorite verses that has been on my mind a lot in the past few weeks. I can't wait to see God turn the impossible to possible!!

" The things that are impossible with people are possible with God." Luke 18:27

No comments:

Post a Comment