Welcome to Addison's Blog

This blog is in honor of our daughter and the time we did get to spend with her. Although she isn't on earth with us she is still apart of everything we do. I just want to show people that we can get through this season in our life with Gods help and that nothing is to small for our God to fix!

Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Wedding Tattoo

Its been an emotionally draining week for me. Not all bad most of it good.  We started the week out with Tim and Cindy's wedding on Sunday. It was a perfect day and I pray it was all they wanted it to be. It was a great time to celebrate what God has given us and what he has taken away as well.  At the end of the day I went to bed happy and excited for my brother and his new wife. I know God has great things in store for their lives together and am happy that Cindy was the one God gave to Tim and to us:)

There however was something, well someone missing that happy day and as the day went by, and I got tired I missed her more and more than every before.  By the ride home I was exhausted with a happy kind of tired and crying for the little girl that was missing that day. That is missing everyday but special days make it more apparent.  I am forever grateful to Cindy for incorporating Addy into the day. The gesture and though of it all meant more to me than anything. She had learned at some point in time that Daniel and I were wanting to do something for Addy on that day. We were going to do something slight and unnoticed by those who didn't know and didn't want to ruin any vision she had for her day.  Coming up with nothing I was kind of frantic by the end of last week. Giving up all hope that we were going to be able to find what we were in search for.  Friday at our sisters breakfast came the answer. Cindy had gotten us all Hello Kitty Tattoos to wear on that day.  It was a gesture and symbol of love I will never forget.  The day of the wedding the first thing I did was get Daniel's out and on him. I must say I never though he would wear a kitty tattoo but it looks so fitting on him I hate to see it wear off, which it hasn't even started to yet!!  As one by one at random times we put them on I started to feel like she was in the room with us.  I miss her so even still today and to have that symbol of love on each of the family members including our new sister showed me how much this little girl is loved even still. 

I will never get to have a day like that with my Addy she will never get married or have a family of her own, not on this earth. But the promise that one day I will be with  her and never have to say goodbye again gets me through these times of longing for her.  Another milestone has passed and another moment of remembrance for her from her family has passed. But to know that she isn't forgotten, that is the best thing a mother missing her child can have. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful new sister you have! That was incredibly thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete